« Home | Finally Leaving Las Vegas » | Caption Contest » | A Tradition Unlike Any Other » | Final Bracket Results » | Viva Las Vegas » | Bracket Contest Update » | Top 7 - Final Four Style » | Caption Contest - An afternoon delight » | Caption Contest » | Television Tuesday....On Wednesday » 

Monday, April 10, 2006 

Monday Musings

  • The Braves are leading the league in RBI and they are last in ERA. I’m not saying it would be different, but maybe, just maybe, we should have done a little more to keep Leo around? I know, it’s early, but I’m panicking.

  • It’s good to see that Chris Reitsma is already in post-season form! Do you think other teams start laughing when he comes in the game? I would if I wasn’t cursing so loudly.

  • Would somebody please tackle Jaokim Noah? No, I’m not referring to the fact that a French guy wore his shirt un-tucked at the White House. That’s a whole other rant. I’m actually referring to the fact that he says he’s staying in school another year. What good can possibly come of that? He’s a mortal lock for the Top 5 right now. Has he forgotten that nobody even knew who he was six weeks ago? He has nowhere to go but down. Doesn’t Billy Donavan have a responsibility to talk some sense into this kid?

  • Yesterday’s final round of the Masters was fantastic. What it lacked in drama, it more than made up for in star power. With Lefty winning, Woods, Goosen, Olazabal, and Vijay all staying in the hunt for the better part of the afternoon, it was fantastic. Big ups to Lefty for winning, but also huge props to Tiger for somehow finding a way to keep battling even though he couldn’t buy a putt. I can’t think of another athlete in the world that can stay that focused and competitive even when their hopes of victory are gone. Even in defeat, Tiger still manages to amaze.

  • Speaking of Tiger and Phil, how painful was the Butler Cabin ceremony? Poor Jim Nantz couldn’t even bring himself to make eye contact with Tiger. And, the fake smiles Phil and Tiger exchanged were reminiscent of the hand shakes and smiles exchanged by Bush and Kerry at the start of each of their debates. Awkward to say the least.

  • Speaking of fake, am I the only one who found Phil’s post victory family celebration a little…uh…forced? I mean, he looked like he had never hugged his daughters before, and he sounded like he was reading their names off a note card. Maybe I’m way off, and maybe I’m an awful person, but something just doesn’t smell right with Lefty. I mean, he just seems a little too aware of where the cameras are. Don’t get me wrong, I really like Lefty, but I just get the feeling he probably makes David Sims (Don Johnson’s character in “Tin Cup”) look like a genuine guy.

  • Has anybody ever done a DNA test on Hootie Johnson and Dan Reeves? Have they ever been seen in the same place at the same time?

  • One more thing about the Masters: did anybody else catch Nantz’s last comments from Butler Cabin? Well, if you didn’t, they went something like this, “Phil Mickelson is the Master of his universe, but more importantly, he’s the Masters Champion.” The Master of his universe? How bad is that? What was Nantz thinking? This was a total air-ball. Jim Nantz is one of the great poets of our lifetime (okay, that’s probably a little strong), and the best he can come up with is “Phil Mickelson is the Master of his universe”? This was worse than Couples’ three putt on 14.

  • I saw a GREAT movie this weekend, “Get Rich or Die Trying” starring 50 Cent. No, this is not a joke. This is really a tremendous movie. 50 is fantastic (granted, he is just playing himself), Terence Howard is solid as always, the music is great, and the story is not only captivating, it’s believable. If you found “Eight Mile” even remotely entertaining, you will love “Get Rich or Die Trying.”

  • Vito in a dog collar? More on that tomorrow.

Mickelson's wife is peanut-worthy.

Master of the Universe is almost as strong as Captain Fun, almost.

Are you watching Big Love? Good show.

I'll be the first one to admit that I couldn't break 200 at Augusta the way they had it set up on Sunday. Having said that, I thought it was refreshing to see professional golfers consistently missing 3-5 foot putts. After watching with me for a while my wife suggested that some of these guys should go train at putt-putt, like Happy Gilmore.

Looks like the WAD's man crush will keep going for another three years.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/television/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002314440

Maxim messes around with google earth:

http://cdn.maximonline.com/maximusa/index.html

The panic over the Braves must not be too bad, you didn't mention that Chipper went down.

Post a Comment

Weekly Top 7

All-Time Top 7 Sports Movies

7) Kingpin - "The world can really kick your ass. I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine" - Roy Munson

6) Caddyshack - "Don't sell yourself short Judge. You're a tremendous slouch." - Ty Webb

5) Major League - "Want me to drag him outta here, kick the shit out of him?" - Rick Vaugh

4) Eight Men Out - "Say it ain't so Joe. Say it ain't so." - Pee Wee

3) Rocky - "If I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood." - Rocky Balboa

2) The Natural - "I coulda been better. I coulda broke every record in the book." - Roy Hobbs

AND...

1) Hoosiers - "My team's on the floor!" - Coach Dale

MAN OF THE WEEK


Getting this Laker team into the playoffs is the best coaching job Phil has ever done. Now he can list "The WAD" Man of the Week right next to his 9 rings on his list of accomplishments. Is there any reason for him to keep going?

About me

  • I'm The WAD
  • From Atlanta, Georgia, United States
My profile

Fantasy Baseball Info

  • Follow our league (WADball) here
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates