« Home | Bracket Contest Update » | Top 7 - Final Four Style » | Caption Contest - An afternoon delight » | Caption Contest » | Television Tuesday....On Wednesday » | Airball » | Monday Musings...Abbreviated version » | Caption Contest » | How Sweet It Was And How Sweet It Will Be Again To... » | Very Sweet Sixteen » 

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 

Viva Las Vegas

I just got back in town a few hours ago, and I have a ton to say about my 47 hours in Vegas. I, however, have been awake for 37 straight hours including 12 total hours traveling back from Vegas today. After a three hour delay leaving Vegas, we were greeted at Hartsfield with a power outage that forced us to stay on the plane for what seemed like an eternity with no air conditioning. I hate everything about flying. There are plenty of great stories that I can't wait to share, and some others that I won't be sharing. But now, I must sleep.

Oh, by the way, congratulations to Billy Donovan and Florida...I guess. For the record, for the first time in my life, I didn't watch one second of the Final Four. I missed the Semis because I was bleeding cash at a Blackjack table at the MGM Grand, and when I got home tonight, I decided I'd rather watch the Sopranos on DVR than watch the second half of the Championship Game. I'm pretty comfortable with that decision. But this is important: it appears someone by the name of J. McDonald has won The WAD pool. I, however, have NO IDEA who this person is, and to my knowledge, I haven't received payment from this person or on their behalf. SO, IF I DON'T RECEIVE AN EMAIL AT mad2006@columbia.edu BY 5 P.M. TODAY IDENTIFYING THIS PERSON AND GETTING ME THEIR PAYMENT, I WILL AWARD THE FIRST PLACE PRIZE MONEY TO SECOND PLACE. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!

Oh, umm, that J. McDonald entry was mine so feel free to send the 1st place prize money my way...

Actually I entered J. McDonald in honor of my 8th grade science teacher. He has been unable to work since his fallopian tubes clogged. Just send me the check, less the $10, and I'll make sure he gets it.

Will somebody help me out and tell me why Fez is the WAD's man of the week?

I believe he is the man of the week because of what he said during his interview with Howard Stern.

I'll save everyone else the trouble of researching the man of the week

http://marksfriggin.com/news06/3-27.htm

Isn't that the "facelicker"? Think hard tech people if you don't know what I'm talking about.

As for TWMOTW, is that one of the dancers from Vegas' Thunder Down Under? Maybe the Wad got lucky with a backstage pass?

Looks like the Titans are pretty classy. Nothing like telling your starting quarterback to leave the facility.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/04/04/bc.fbn.titans.mcnair.ap/index.html

Don't be a pussy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/drugs/Story/0,,1746333,00.html?gusrc=rss

WAD, you've got to look at changing that picture for MOTW...I can't stand Fez staring at me each and every time I check out this blog. It's really kinda gay, don'tcha think?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Call it a coincidental sign of our digital times or a reason to stay up late and stare at the clock. Either way, early Wednesday morning the time and date will be 01-02-03-04-05-06.

At 1:02 a.m. and three seconds on Wednesday, April 5, 2006, it will be the first hour of the day, the second minute of the hour, the third second of that precious minute in the fourth month and the fifth day of ... uh oh. It's not really the sixth year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060404/ap_on_fe_st/numbers_row&printer=1;_ylt=AkKGaMUmLe6t_QRAzi7nejEuQE4F;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bWE-

As for the MOTW, how can a man with a resume like that not be honored?

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» » »

Post a Comment

Weekly Top 7

All-Time Top 7 Sports Movies

7) Kingpin - "The world can really kick your ass. I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine" - Roy Munson

6) Caddyshack - "Don't sell yourself short Judge. You're a tremendous slouch." - Ty Webb

5) Major League - "Want me to drag him outta here, kick the shit out of him?" - Rick Vaugh

4) Eight Men Out - "Say it ain't so Joe. Say it ain't so." - Pee Wee

3) Rocky - "If I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood." - Rocky Balboa

2) The Natural - "I coulda been better. I coulda broke every record in the book." - Roy Hobbs

AND...

1) Hoosiers - "My team's on the floor!" - Coach Dale

MAN OF THE WEEK


Getting this Laker team into the playoffs is the best coaching job Phil has ever done. Now he can list "The WAD" Man of the Week right next to his 9 rings on his list of accomplishments. Is there any reason for him to keep going?

About me

  • I'm The WAD
  • From Atlanta, Georgia, United States
My profile

Fantasy Baseball Info

  • Follow our league (WADball) here
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates